Happy New Year all! I've spent the Christmas break not doing very much apart from seeing family, cooking lots (it's okay I enjoy it), and watching films. One of the rare times off 'work' where I've not had travel plans or plans of any nature. Sometimes you just have to force yourself to sit still and do nothing. I have definitely achieved that! Speaking of achievements it's time to set some goals for 2017. Here's a list of mine:
- Start #WorkoutWednesday with Andy Kriebel. More details will emerge soon, but effectively we're taking Andy's Data School Gym challenges to the next level. Each Wednesday we will post a new Tableau challenge that you'll have to re-create in Tableau. I'm really excited for this as I always love a Tableau challenge and it's really going to keep me on my game.
- Blog once per week - this should be easy because of point 1!
- Keep on with #MakeoverMonday. I'm going to try and do it each week and give myself a 30 minute time limit (so I can hopefully keep up with them).
- Learn some Maths! I enjoy maths puzzles and even though I didn't particularly enjoy the subject as school I realise improving my maths skills can only help me at work and play. I'm aiming to work my way through the GCSE, AS Level and A Level syllabus.
- Cycle lots. I recently invested in a new road bike and 2017 is going to see my switch sport from running to cycling. I got a turbo trainer for Christmas too, so there's no excuses!
I'll try and review how these goals are going periodically through the year too. If you see me in person, ask me how they're going and feel free to reprimand me if I'm not sticking to them!
What are your goals for 2017?