This week I'm testing your knowledge of building common baseline charts in Tableau. These charts are really useful for aligning metrics that start at different time periods. I'm using some data from one of my favourite sports - American Football. With the Super Bowl looming I wanted to compare Quarterback passing yards over all the seasons they've played. This chart is perfect for this because no matter which year the player started, I can compare them all from a common baseline.
Your job is to re-create this viz like-for-like. You can download the data here - I got it from www.nfl.com.
Here's some pointers to keep in mind:
- You will have to use a Union in Tableau to get the data in to 1 table
- I pivoted the data to get it in to an easier to use format
- I filtered the quarterbacks to those that have played at least 3 season and those that have passed for at least 2000 yards in total
- You should be able to pick the QB that you want to highlight - this should be only the list of QBs after the filter
- The highlighted QB should be shown in the light blue colour and should have a circle at the end of the line displaying their total passing yards
- Make the formatting of the chart the same as mine