This week I decided to re-create a makeover from Junk Charts in Tableau.
I've never made a Marimekko chart in Tableau before so also thought it would give me the opportunity to try something new. Hopefully you've never made one either and you'll learn something too! If you need some help to get started I recommend this excellent tutorial by Jonathan Drummey.
Some rules for re-creating this viz:
- Show the 50% point of equality as a grid line
- My dashboard is 660 * 650 pixels
- Add on the direction of less equality
- Label the columns of the Marimekko to match mine
- Label the first two segments Male and Female
- Make sure your tooltips match mine
Download the data, create your viz in Tableau and don't forget to share on Twitter with the hashtag #WorkoutWednesday and tag me @EmmaWhyte and Andy Kriebel @VizWizBI